- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation, GMP and Food Safety/Quality procedures.
- Develop standards and procedures involving food safety and quality issues having significant potential business impact.
- Collect, review and maintain files of all documentation relating to production and quality control.
- Train and supervise quality technicians.
- Provide supervision and support to the oven operators.
- Evaluate data and take corrective actions when there are deviations from existing standards.
- Execute any other investigations or projects assigned by the QA Director.
- Ensure that all employees’ record real-time data or any other appropriate information requested on the forms.
- Report all manufacturing defects and rejections in the facility to the related department or management.
- Execute USDA inspector requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years experience in quality for a food plan
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in quality processes and systems including but not limited to : HACCP, SsOP, GMPs.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience supervising employees in a food manufacturing environment.
- Meat and poultry HAACP training.
- Experience with food safety and quality third party audits.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment alternates between an office and a cold production setting with concrete floors. This position requires the incumbent to:
- Stand and walk through plant;
- Endure cold temperatures (38 degrees);
- Handle a variety of raw, cooked and frozen food product;
- Visually identify and evaluate product;
Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities who meet the position requirements.