- Provide support to the quality program in the plant.
- Ensure the manufacturing process and finished products comply with GMPs and all applicable government, customer, and company expectations for quality and safety.
- Collects, reviews and maintains files of all documentation relating to production and quality control.
- Provides supervision and support to the oven operators if needed.
- Records test data and results, applying established quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and take corrective actions when there are deviations deviations from existing standards.
- Executes any other investigation or projects given by the QA Manager.
- Ensures that all employees’ record real-time data or any other appropriate information requested on the forms.
- Reports all manufacturing defects and rejections in the facility to the related department or management.
- Executes USDA inspector requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience working in QA in a food plant.
- HACCP and GMP principle knowledge preferred.
- Meat experience is a plus.
- Food safety audit experience a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage control processes to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with others to maintain system changes, upgrades and managing control documents.
- Ability to provide guidance to operations and management staff.
- English speaking is a must, Spanish is a plus
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment alternates between an office and a cold production setting with concrete floors. This position requires the incumbent to:
- Stand and walk through plant;
- Endure cold temperatures (38 degrees);
- Handle a variety of raw, cooked and frozen food product;
- Visually identify and evaluate product;
Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities who meet the position requirements.