The ideal candidate will oversee safe and proper manufacturing of the company’s products in a critical step of the production process. The operation of our Oven Room involves setting up and programming processes for fully cooking meat products and properly chilling afterward. Temperatures are monitored closely, as this a Critical Control Point. The candidate will troubleshoot issues, ensure the efficient day to day operations of the company, and coordinate a team of production employees to make sure that consistent and quality goods are constantly being produced.
- Ensure safe handling of all food products, including full adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Proactively address safety hazards so we may provide a safe working environment for all employees
- Ensure the machinery is functional
- Ensure all QA documentation is completed correctly and on time
- Plan production according to production schedule – be available for daily production meetings
- Work with and develop team leads to assume responsibilities
- Understand and enforce the Company’s employment policies and union contract provisions. Motivate, direct and discipline employees as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP standards.
- Experience working in a food processing environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Act independently
- Strong communication skills