- Remove waste from production areas. Pick up debris (plastic, meat, etc.) from floor and empty garbage as needed.
- Mop and squeegee all floors in the production areas.
- Handle hoses and buckets and other materials on the floor.
- Perform manual cleaning with water, chemicals, brushes as needed.
- Wipe down ceiling condensation.
- Disassemble some machines for inside cleaning, reassemble once cleaned..
- Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
- Experience working in a food production environment is highly desired.
- Experience with sanitation services is helpful.
- Able to read and understand labels for hazardous chemicals.
- Understand the proper use and storage for cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Attention to detail.
- Regular and predictable attendance: ABLE TO WORK SHIFT HOURS: 4:00 a.m. start, some Saturdays
- Walk and stand for seven or more hours in a day
- Work in varying temperatures, including below 38 degrees.
- Handle hot water in a cold environment
- Lift up to 10 to 30 pounds several times during the shift.
- Lift up to 50 pounds a few times during the shift.
- May be required to reach overhead or squat or bend to reach underneath tables.
- Occasional climbing, twisting or working in awkward positions.
- Handle heavy, vibrating equipment.
- May work in aisles, narrow passageways or confined spaces.
Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities who meet the position requirements.