“To create and provide innovative, high quality food products with incomparable value and service tailored to our customers individual needs.”
Our Core Values
Since 1860, Ruprecht has been governed by its core values. They shape the culture and define the character of our company. These principles guide us in how we behave and make decisions.
- Employees are the cornerstone of our success. Their expertise and capabilities create value and generate long term customer loyalty. Personal excellence in performance is sought and rewarded.
- We demonstrate a deep concern for human safety and environmental oversight, while embracing the highest standards of food safety and quality.
- Products are based on innovative technology, continuous improvement and added value for guaranteed consistency, flexibility and efficiency.
- Customers receive trusted, knowledgeable support, and a strong commitment to superior service to meet all of their foodservice needs.
- Our global supply chain is directed towards delivering value to our customers, increasing our competitiveness in the marketplace and remaining a leader in the foodservice industry.
The Ruprecht Company is a privately-held meat processor and food manufacturer serving both domestic and international customers in the foodservice and retail sectors. Established in 1860, Ruprecht is currently the oldest operating beef processor in the Chicago area. The Sommers Family purchased Ruprecht in 1961 and has grown its reputation for providing center of the plate protein items to the country’s finest food service and retail establishments.
Over the last 10 years, Ruprecht has experienced rapid expansion and growth due to its investment in Research and Development. Ruprecht has expanded its focus to fully cooked meal solutions, side dishes, and other value-add raw items. While many things have changed since 1860, Ruprecht’s mission to providing the highest quality product to our customers has not. Today, these customers include well-known independent restaurants, local and national chains, national and international distributors, and retail supermarkets.